Advantys and the Business Process Management (BPM) solution WorkflowGen help a company manage a 500km turnpike to streamline its clients request process.
The company annually receives thousands of requests from its clients including contract changes, claims, details change requests, etc.
The requests are received via phone, email, fax and mail. Because of the quantity and multiplicity of request types, sources and participants the handling and the monitoring was complex. To improve the quality of service offered to the clients and streamline the internal processes, the company decided to look for a solution that would enable it to quickly achieve the following objectives:
- design, optimize and execute the clients' request processes
- integrate with the existing IT infrastructure (Directory, CRM, DMS)
- enable all the participants to access the system via a single entry point to record, handle and monitor the requests
- facilitate the action assignments to the appropriate participants to improve the response time
- implement a real time monitoring, track all the process data and benefit from KPI and reporting tools
WorkflowGen functional solution
The operators who are receiving clients' requests via mail or phone can initiate the process by using the WorkflowGen web portal. If the client has sent a mail it can be scanned and added to the process data. The operators are using web forms in order to capture all the details of the request. If the client is already listed in the company CRM system, its details will be automatically populated in the WorkflowGen form. The documents associated to the process in WorkflowGen can be automatically exported to the company's Document Management System. If the client's request lacks some information another operator will contact the client. Based on the nature of the request it will be automatically assigned to the appropriate participant in the organization depending on the business rules that have been defined when designing the workflow. The different participants in the workflow are able to handle and monitor their actions to do via the WorkflowGen portal or via email. The requester can track the process status in real time. The supervisors can manage the requests and quickly identify the bottlenecks and eventually reassign the tasks to other participants.
WorkflowGen technical solution
- WorkflowGen Version 5 is installed on a Microsoft IIS server and uses SQL Server 2005.
- Web Forms .NET et d’AJAX
- Synchronization of the WorkflowGen directory with the company's Active Directory via the directory connector provided with WorkflowGen
- End users configuration: XP 1024*768, Internet Explorer 7
- Integration with the company's CRM and DMS
- Dramatic improvement of the time spent to process a client's request
- The workflow portal facilitates the monitoring and eliminates the loss of information
- The process automation and the integration with the CRM and DMS eliminate the double entries and the manual search of information