The WorkflowGen Business Process Management (BPM) solution helps a leading international manufacturer of office systems and related furniture products achieve total control of their system information.
The client had been using workflow software since 2001, but over time the flaws in the system reached unacceptable levels. More specifically, there were frequently occurring functional errors, and these were having a detrimental effect on the company’s task performance and productivity. The system also lacked the capacity to support more recent servers, thereby forcing the client to work with outdated technology. There wasn’t even a way to fix the problem, since the required technical support was no longer available from their software vendor.
The bugs related to the malfunctioning workflow software represented a huge risk. There was a real concern that they could have lost system information, and that type of loss would have created significant financial risks to the company. Given these circumstances, they considered purchasing a new workflow solution capable of meeting the company’s short- and long-term needs.
In their search for a solution, the client team evaluated three other software systems before turning to WorkflowGen. It was easy to try out the WorkflowGen package thanks to the free demo version available on the website. They found the software was so easy to understand that it gave the company a lot of freedom, and they didn’t need any outside assistance to grasp how WorkflowGen functions. Everything was explained clearly online, supported by videos to illustrate the explanations.
WorkflowGen has proven essential to the client’s efficiency and productivity by enabling a number of operations to be automated, especially the processes for entering orders, handling non-standard materials and managing ECR/ECOs (Engineering Change Requests/Engineering Change Orders). In fact, the solution is now being used throughout the company, from Engineering and Manufacturing to Purchasing and Customer Service.
- WorkflowGen integrates seamlessly with existing systems—for example, information can be sent from Infor ERP SyteLine to WorkflowGen without any problems.
- It automatically routes tasks and notifications to the company’s various departments and/or suppliers, greatly increasing productivity.
- It simplifies the execution of tasks, especially in the complex area of Accounts Payable.
- It’s easy to obtain any required information via the company’s website. Responses are prompt and thorough.
- WorkflowGen’s reliability means that the risk of losing data (and the corresponding financial risk) no longer exists.
- It uses state-of-the-art technology.